posted by Ahijoy on December 06, 2022
Where To Buy Heat Transfer Vinyl?
With innumerable choices available in the world of craft vinyl, one of the key issues many crafters face is finding reliable and high quality outlets from where they can get premium HTV. Quality is the top most priority as it can make or break a project. If you have been searching for the right vinyl to buy and do not know where to look, this blog is for you.
Whether you search for vinyl in stores or online, doing a background check on the company is important. A well established company backs up their claims by years of excellent performance.
At Ahijoy, you will not have to worry about any of these issues. We have been in the vinyl industry for years and have countless stellar reviews from our customers. Our specialty lies in our heat transfer vinyl that has a range unlike any you have seen before. That is not all, we do not compromise on quality and bring to you durable and long lasting HTV which will elevate any craft project. Read below for a comprehensive guide on where and how to buy the best HTV.
What To Look For When Buying HTV?
Before you embark on your quest to find the best HTV that the vinyl industry has to offer, you must streamline a few factors. These will help you select the right place to buy the HTV from.
The thickness of the vinyl is a very important factor to consider when looking to buy HTV. This determines how easy it will be to cut and weed the vinyl. A good vinyl is neither too thick nor too thin. Thick vinyl looks bulky on the fabric and if it is too thin, it will be difficult to apply. Weeding vinyl that is too thin can be extremely difficult and the design might get damaged.
When deciding to buy HTV, it is good to have a color in mind as most of the shades are not available readily. If you are looking for a specific type of color, you should check out the wide variety we offer at Ahijoy. Most places will just offer you basic hues, but we have everything from neon to rainbow available at your fingertips.
Texture And Pattern
Just like color, there is a limited number of stores where you can find a variety of textures and patterns. Compile a list of patterns or textures that you need for your project and research accordingly. Ahijoy has up to 9 different varieties of HTV with further subcategories like our innovative Puff Glow in the Dark HTV.
You can find vinyl in the form of sheets and rolls. What you should buy depends on the quantity you need and the size of the decal. For example, if you need to create a simple decal for a t-shirt, a single sheet of HTV will suffice. However, if you cannot find the size you are looking for, do not worry as Ahijoy does custom sizes as well!
You might think that HTV can only be used on fabrics, but some HTV can be used on wood, acrylic, glass, canvas, cardstock and much more. It should be noted that some HTV can be used with these surfaces, not all. So, depending on what material you use for your craft, choose your vinyl accordingly.
The Wide Variety
At Ahijoy, we offer so many options in heat transfer vinyl that people often get confused about which one to buy. Let us look at some of our popular HTV categories and how you can use them.
- Glitter: This is a staple in any designers’ or crafters’ collection. This product can instantly change the entire look of any garment or accessory. The lustrous appearance is perfect for DIY shirt decals and comes in many dazzling shades. We even have Neon Glitter and Glitter Stripe HTV available on our website.
- Standard Glossy: Our standard glossy vinyl is the best seller as it is most widely used by all. Perfect for newbies, it works well with all craft cutters and offers easy application. It is available in a wide range of shades with a slight shimmer on the surface. This is definitely a must have!
- Color-changing: This range is nothing less than magic. There are two types of color changing HTV we offer that include sunlight sensitive and temperature sensitive vinyl that changes hues. Step out into the sun wearing a decal and you will notice the shade changing from white to yellow or pink to purple depending on the color you opted for.
- Holographic: Iridescent and glamourous, our Holographic HTV gives a futuristic look to any surface. It has its own distinct metallic shine which is hard to find anywhere else. This vinyl is an ideal choice for accessories like hats and even jackets to give you a chic and edgy look. Go for Rose Gold or Gold Holographic HTV for a royal look.
- Patterned: Patterns are a fun addition to almost anything and at Ahijoy we have an unparalleled collection. Our patterns include Starry Sky, Buffalo Plaid, Rainbow. Camouflage and even Leather. This category is definitely for people who love wearing funky prints and are not afraid to step out of their comfort zone.
- Puff and Glow in the Dark: We have combined our top two heat transfer vinyl products and come up with a one of a kind HTV. Introducing Puff Glow in the Dark, which makes a 3D decal on any surface you stick it on. Wait, there is more! When you switch off the lights, the decal illuminates giving you a magical experience. If you want to make Halloween costumes or just an everyday shirt for your kids, this HTV is a must buy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Nothing matters more at Ahijoy than meeting our customers’ requirements and providing the best possible quality. If you have found something you like from our range, put it in the cart and head towards check out. Have fun crafting!